At the First Coast Foot and Ankle Clinic Dr. Vimal Reddy utilizes digital x-ray to quickly and accurately diagnose patients. Images are instantly saved to a computer and examined by the Jacksonville based podiatrist. No more time wasted waiting for film to develop!
The benefits of Digital X-ray over film processing are substantial. Digital X-ray allows our practice to go "GREEN"
- NO film making it into local landfills
- NO EPA required disposal of chemicals
- NO darkroom needed for film processing
- NO hazardous chemicals for film processing
- NO jackets, folders, sleeves for film filing (Paperless)
- Superior image quality
- Better patient education
- Zoom/Magnify Image - See more pathology
X-rayshelp determine whether a bone has been fractured or damaged by conditions such as an infection, arthritis, or other diseases. X-ray has greatly enhanced our ability to diagnose small bone spurs and fractures that usually go unrecognized. Other reasons for conventional X-rays on your feet are to:
- Assess whether a child's bones are growing normally
- Determine whether bones are properly set after treating a fracture
- Locate foreign objects (such as pieces of glass or metal) in a wound
- Evaluate changes in the bones from infections, arthritis, or other bone disease
**Pregnant women, especially those in their first trimester, are advised against having X-rays because the radiation may harm the unborn child.